Transport is a big deal in our community.
So last year I sent out my big transport survey.
Over 450 of you responded and here’s a snapshot of what you told me:
How we get around
It’s no surprise most of us travel by car, but it’s great that almost a third of survey responders use public transport.
It’s important that we make public transport an option for as many people as possible.
Respondents told me that cost wasn’t the main barrier: access to services was.
Transport accessibility is important for our growing community.
A majority said they used park and ride facilities (top graph) as opposed to buses (bottom graph) to connect to our train line.
|With our new uni coming online and the new train capacity we will get from Cross River Rail and Moreton Bay Rail Link we need to make the most of our train network.|
More to do...
As your MP, transport is one of my main priorities. We are a commuter community.
We deserve better than this. I will continue to advocate for more road upgrades, better train services and more bus services with better connectivity.
To those people who participated in the survey or contacted me to share your experience or view, thanks. It matters to me that I’m informed by you to get better outcomes.
I've already taken action on transport in Pine Rivers, including:
- the Strathpine Train Station accessibility upgrade: replacing the old footbridge, installing 3 lifts and better accessibility features.
- the Ferny Grove Train Station Transport Oriented development which will result in hundreds of extra car parks.
- the Lawnton Train Station Park ‘n Ride upgrade which will deliver 250 additional car parks.
- the Strathpine Central Bus Stop extension for additional and safer bus pick up and drop of at the Strathpine Centre.
- removal of Dixon St roundabout
- safety upgrades on Mt Mee Rd and the Dayboro tip turn off
- upgraded Linkfield Rd northbound on ramp and a state commitment to top-up federal funds for duplication
- traffic flow improvements for Strathpine Rd overpass at Bald Hills
- the state Labor government is also committed to the Petrie Rd roundabout removal
While the survey has closed - your ideas are always welcome. Don't hesitate to email me at [email protected]